As 2016 comes to a close, we relish in the opportunity to reflect back on this past year at Aham Yoga. We are walking down memory lane through our blog, Living Yoga, which incidentally is one of the top 100 yoga blogs on the internet today! Yay! And here’s a glimpse of our Top 10 Blog Posts of 2016. highlighting some of our most special moments, insights into philosophy, students sharing their personal stories, our tips to improve your practice of yoga, and so much more!
- Do you remember our 15-Day Yoga Challenge from July? We had incredible feedback from both our local and international communities – from Seattle, to Japan and India, and many places in between! Who’s in for the next one?
- Whether you are new to the practice of yoga, or a seasoned practitioner looking to take your practice deeper, our Top 5 Tips for a Successful Yoga Practice will absolutely be of some assistance!
- Our favorite holiday, International Yoga Day, was celebrated with our local and distant communities in June. Lots of yoga practice, theory, and delicious food! Read here as we recap on our special holiday celebrations! Will you join us in June of 2017?
- As yoga studies make it’s way over from the East to the West, some terms and philosophies get lost in translation. Have you ever wondered what it means to be a ‘yogi’? Or why we so often hear that term used in our local yoga communities? You and I are not yogi’s, we are merely yoga enthusiasts and practitioners working to make our lives and bodies healthier and happier through it’s practices. Read more here. Also published in Seattle Yoga News.
- Our Ask Me Anything Challenge we held in November prompted us with lots of great questions – one had to do with the word ‘namaste’. What does it mean, and why do yoga teachers say it at the end of class? Arundhati explains it here.
- Are you one of those people who love to wake up before the birds, but have a hard time staying focused, awake, and energized? We have put together the Top 5 Yoga Poses to Kickstart Your Morning to help you not only stay awake, but feel lighter and more energized throughout your day! Give them a try, and give us your feedback.
- Have you ever felt stumped in a yoga class when your teacher guides you through a series of Sun Salutations, and cues “cobra” and then later cues “upward dog” – but wait a minute, aren’t they the same thing? They are not! Read to find out the Difference Between Upward Dog and Cobra.
- Safety, first! Lots of us come to yoga with preexisting injuries, and sometimes with a fear of either worsening or creating new injuries through the practice of yoga. Arundhati shares her wisdom on How to Stay Injury Free in Yoga Practice – when done mindfully and correctly, there should be no fear of injury.
- Age is only a number! Yoga is accessible to all ages, all body types, and all walks of life. Read more as we answer the question “Is it ever too late to start yoga?“
- Shavasana – we end every practice with it, but why do we do it? Read more on this ultimate resting pose here, and keep time for it in your practice.
Our blog, Living Yoga, has something for everybody. You can find articles written for practitioners and teachers alike – on philosophy, practice, and more! Take some time to look through, and let us know what your favorite or most helpful articles are.