This is our step by step beginners guide for Bakasana (crow pose)
Yoga poses to learn before attempting Bakasana…
- Adhomukha Swanasana (downward facing dog)
- High Plank
- Chaturanga Dandasana (four limb staff pose)
- Paripurna Navasana (full boat pose)
Also check out our build-up yoga sequence to Bakasana here.
When to start attempting Bakasana?
- After a few consistent months of learning yoga.
- There is no magic number of weeks or months. But the consistent effort and patience is key
- After you can do the yoga poses mentioned above well
- Keep a blanket or bolster under your face initially
When not to do Bakasana?
- Later stages of pregnancy
- Wrist injury
Let us know if you tried this in the comments below and tag us on your pictures so we can see you practice this!